Zach Swanson, PA-C
Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
- Bachelors of Science and Masters of Health Science and Physician Assistant Studies, Daemen College, Amherst, New York
- NCCPA Certified
About The Provider
Zach Swanson has been a physician assistant for over 10 years. After finishing his degree, his initial position was in cardiovascular surgery at the Regional Trauma Center in Buffalo, New York. PA Swanson later moved to Knoxville, Tennessee where he first established a neurosurgery program. He later joined the East Tennessee Cardiovascular Group as a Physician Assistant to Dr. Thomas Pollard, a Cardiothoracic Surgeon. PA Swanson’s clinical interests include the care of cardiovascular and thoracic patients before, during, and after surgery.
PA Swanson is an active member of The Association for Physician Assistant in Cardiovascular Surgery and Member of the Society of Critical Care Medicine.
- Hospital Inpatient and outpatient care
- First assist open heart surgery, hospital rounds, writing orders and notes
- Performing procedures
- Interpreting diagnostic studies
- Patient education
- Communication with other healthcare professionals