Services and Specialties
Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgical Institute of Texas uses advanced technologies and procedures to perform the complete range of invasive and minimally invasive surgeries for patients with heart disease.
Heart surgery remains an effective treatment for many conditions of the heart that cannot be corrected by medication or lifestyle changes to manage heart attack risks.
Among the surgical procedures performed by our cardiac care surgeons are:
- Coronary artery bypass to unclog arteries
- Valve replacement surgery to replace a heart valve that is no longer opening or closing correctly
- Minimally invasive direct coronary artery bypass to unclog arteries by making a smaller incision and often not using a heart-lung machine
- Maze surgery to eliminate abnormal heart rhythm (atrial fibrillation)
- Pacemaker and defibrillator implants to normalize the heartbeat
- Heart transplantation to replace the patient's weakened or diseased heart with a human donor heart
- Ventricular Assist Device